Day 23 of Noirvember: The Quiz – Who Said It?
For today’s celebration of Noirvember, I’m offering up a little quiz – test your skills and see if you can identify the actor or actress who uttered these lines, and the movie in which they were uttered! Enter your guesses in the comments section – I’ll provide the answers with my Noirvember post on Day 24. Have fun!
1. “There are only three ways to deal with a blackmailer. You can pay him and pay him and pay him until you’re penniless. Or you can call the police yourself and let your secret be know to the world. Or you can kill him.”
2.”You’re a mess, honey.”
3. “My, my. Such a lot of guns around town and so few brains.”
4. “Not only don’t you have any scruples, you don’t have any brains.”
5. “You open that window again, I’ll throw you out of it.”
6. “What a dump!”
7. “Show me a guy who has feelings, and I’ll show you a sucker.”
8. “Doesn’t it ever enter a man’s head that a woman can do without him?”
9. “I told you he had a cash register mind. Rings every time he opens his mouth.”
10. “You’re the strangest husband I ever had.”
11. “I never saw her in the daytime. We seemed to live at night. What was left of the day went away like a pack of cigarettes you smoked.”
12. “I ain’t afraid of cops. I was brought up to spit whenever I saw one.”
13. “I did something wrong – once.”
14. “Disaster to the wench!”
15. “I’ve got a little room upstairs that’s too small for you to fall down in. I can bounce you around off the walls – that way we won’t be wasting a lot of time while you get up off the floor.”
16. “I hate him when he looks at me like that. If he were mean or vicious or if he’d bawl me out or something, I’d like him better.”
17. “Money isn’t dirty. Just people”
18. “Our conversations have not been such that I am anxious to continue them.”
19. “I said I liked it – I didn’t say I wanted to kiss it.”
20. “Self-respect is something you tell yourself you’ve got when you’ve got nothing else.”
Join me tomorrow for the answers to the quiz and Day 24 of Noirvember!